Friday 29 September 2017

The Cotswold Cookery Club: A Taste of France

Publication date 27th September 2017

About the book
Kate Harris has enough on her plate! Life is constant juggling act between raising her three young children and running a busy Veterinary Practice in the Cotswolds. But with her passion for all things French, especially the mouth-watering cuisine, the cookery club with her three best friends, Connie, Melody and Trish is the perfect escape…
Now the foursome has been given their biggest challenge yet! Yet, with her husband Andrew’s increasingly secretive behaviour, the unexpected reappearance of her dishy ex-boyfriend, Gregg, and an unexpected culinary challenge from her daughter’s nursery, Kate decides it’s time to take charge of the disparate ingredients of her life and transform them into the perfect pot-au-feu!
My Review
I love this series so I couldn't wait to get stuck into this book! Back to the Cotswold and this time its based on character Kate.  
Kate has an extremely busy life and on top of that she suspects husband Andrew is having an affair with the au pair, immediately you feel for Kate if her suspicions are true then the affair could have been going on in her house! I had my fingers crossed throughout the book that Andrew was faithful to his wife and they would get their happy ever after! (i'll not spoil it for you whether they do or not).  
Like previous books we were treated to those yummy delicious recipes that the cooking club are making and they just made my mouth water and my tummy rumble! This time the focus was on France!
Another thing that I love about this series is that all the women in the cookery club are there for each other and go out of their ways to help each other no matter what and that is lovely for them all to have that sort of support! 
This is a real fun and exciting series that will put a smile on your face when reading it and you will not want the book to end! It is just fabulous! 

If you would like to read the previous books in the Cotswold series here is the links: 



I had to get in touch with Alice Ross to ask her the all important question, and this is her answer 😀

Where did you get your inspiration from for The Cotswolds Cookery Club?
I wish I could say it was because I was such a fantastic cook, but I'm totally not.  My husband does all the cooking in our house.  I would, however, love to be one of those people who effortlessly rattle up meals - and always have the necessary ingredients to hand 😉
I wanted to write a series about something that appeals to a wide range of people, and to focus on a different character in each book.  A cookery class was my initial thought, but then my editor suggested a cookery club.  Once I'd researched cookery clubs, I decided it would fit the bill perfectly, and it has. It has allowed me to base the group in a beautiful setting, and introduce a range of diverse characters.  And I'm thrilled people appear to be enjoying reading the books as much as I enjoyed writing them! 

                                             

So there we have it, I really hope you enjoyed this post and it has inspired you all to go out there and read this fun and exciting new series, you will be guaranteed to love it - and maybe a few of us will be inspired to try out and cook up some delicious new recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment