Monday 19 February 2018

The Undercover Mother

Publication date 20th March 2018

About the book 
I used to imagine our new family life as a romantic film montage… the three of us rolling around on the rug together, laughing, or pushing a buggy around the park with my perfect hair flowing in the wind. 

Spoiler alert: it is not like this. For a start, we never lie on the rug together because it’s covered in crumbs from the slice of toast I have been trying to eat since breakfast…

Jenny has too much on her plate: literally – she’s only expecting one child but she’s eating for at least three. Not to mention trying to juggle her nightmare boss, a know-it-all sister, and an infuriatingly laid-back husband. 

She used to be known for her ‘Single Girl About Town’ column. But when her boss gives her job to a younger colleague, Jenny panics and proposes she blogs instead about being a clueless new mum. Surely people will find her new friendship group fascinating? (Even if the only thing they seem to have in common is that they all had sex around the same time 9 months ago...)

And if her readers aren’t quite hooked yet, maybe Jenny will just have to be more liberal with the truth. After all, none of the other mums will read it… will they?

My Review
Oh my goodness this was absolutely hilarious! I just couldn't stop laughing throughout. 

I think this book is a fantastic eye opener to what motherhood is really like and see that its normal to have bad days.

It was great reading the little bits from Jenny's blog where she writes about the Spice Mums this made me chuckle.

This is a fabulous read and I really hope theres another book to follow this.

No comments:

Post a Comment