Friday 22 September 2017

The Christmas Holiday

Publication date 22nd September 2017
About the book
As winter comes to London, journalist Mia Walker is desperately hoping for her big break as a travel writer, dreaming of exotic locations and sun-soaked beaches. When she’s invited to write a romantic travel piece that ends in a huge winter wedding in London, she jumps at the chance. The only trouble is, the photographer is renowned adventure-junkie Hunter Scott, who Mia last saw five years ago when she ended their engagement.
It’s the opportunity of a lifetime, and Mia knows she’d be mad to say no – even if it does mean spending weeks travelling round the world with the one man she never wanted to see again! But as the wedding approaches, and the magic of Christmas begins to take hold, Mia can’t help looking out for mistletoe – and wishing she hadn’t cancelled her own engagement after all…

My Review
Oh my, The Christmas Holiday is so heart warming and beautiful.  Its a fantastic romantic comedy. 
The characters are really easy to love and you feel like you have known them years. I had a huge smile on my face when Mia is given the opportunity of her dreams as a travel writer, she is delighted but she learns that the photographer accompanying her on the trip is her ex fiance Hunter.  It is really clear that there still is a spark between them and they have plenty of chemistry together, so it is really interesting to see what happens between them if something does happen.
I absolutely loved the holiday itself and hearing of all the places that they visit and the activities that they take part in. Its such an amazing opportunity that they have been given and it made me so jealous. 
The perfect book to curl up with at night.
Last year I started reading Maxine's previous books and I really enjoyed them. I love her style of writing, it is exciting and you really feel part of the stories.  The christmas holiday was every bit like I imagined it to be and I am so excited for future releases by Maxine Morrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment